SEFA x Stööki
We were lucky enough to link up with Ghanaian Queen SEFA a last week when she came to London! The versatile Afrobeat, Rnb, Afro-pop artist swung by the Stööki Studio ahead of her performance at Palm Wine Festival!
We had a chat about her experiences in London town so far, the creative process behind creating the hottest track in Ghana right now and what's coming next for this unstoppable rising star... 👀
1. Welcome to the UK, for those who are not familiar with you here in the uk Tell us a bit more about SEFA and her artistry?
Sefa is a young woman, who loves to sing. Signed to black avenue music. I major in genre highlife, Afrobeat, Rnb, Afro pop. But I always say my voice is my instrument so I venture into other genres too. So I’d call my self Versatile.
2. You currently have the biggest single in Ghana , tell us a bit more about the single and the creative process behind it?
So I invited one of the biggest artists in Ghana to the studio and magic was created. From using one of the biggest African slang (Echoke) to putting together melodies . Before long , a hit was made.
3. Tell us about your UK experience so far? Any UK artist you will like to collaborate with?
My experience has been amazing . From performing on one of the biggest platforms here, to meeting my fans and interacting with them to all the media personnel’s I met. It’s been so productive. I’d love to work with wstrn.
4. How did Covid-19 impact your work?
COVID made everything stagnant and also kinda slowed down shows cos of the restrictions but again it was when in isolation,I recorded my current hit . So I think it has sorta been good to me. No offence intended.
5. What's next to come from SEFA?
A lot of amazing things. I’m about to release once again the best collaborated work ever. With Sarkodie and DjTira. I’m actually super excited
6. Where can we find you?
You can find me on all my social media handle names @S3FA_GH
Photography by: @DJ _Lukey
Executive Produced by: @Maya_Mihoc
ULTRAONYX Ring - Silver
WAVY Necklace - Silver